Why is a spring cleaning important for my pond fish?
Mother Nature prepares natural bodies of water by flooding our waterways with fresh rains and melting snow, pushing old water out. In your Pond or Water Feature, this service will need to be done manually yearly to help maintain its low maintenance and beautiful appearance.
Over Winter, dead leaves and plant foliage make settle and decay between rocks and in the bottom of your pond. By removing decaying plants and other debris from your fish pond, it ensures better water quality and a chance for your ecosystem to get started. Decaying plant debris, leaves may create harmful nitrate spikes in your pond. Over-exposure of this may cause your fish and other aquatic life to stress and possibly die.
When is the best time to clean out my pond?
Dreamscapes will begin Pond Cleanouts for the 2016 season in the Lebanon - Harrisburg - Mechanicsburg (PA) and surrounding areas late March-beginning of April. We also carry a full line of water treatments, pond supplies, aquatic plants, koi fish and gold fish. If you think you need it for your pond-we probably have it! Water treatments and pond supplies are also always available on our trucks when we perform Spring Cleanouts- just ask a team member!
Spring Pond / Pondless Cleaning Process:
- Remove pond netting and de-icing system
- Drain pond, remove fish to aerated containers
- Visually check health of fish, advise customer
- Remove debris, sludge, algae from pond interior and rocks
- Prune and divide pond plants
- Clean out skimmer boxes, biofilters, pumps
- Pressure wash pond interior
- Restack and/or organize fallen rockwork
- Flush plumbing lines
- Maintain lighting system for pond
- Re-connect all filter and pumping components
- Wash or replace filter media
- Will begin filling pond with hose. Homeowner will need to plug pump in and top pond off with water.
- Acclimate fish back to pond
- Clean work area
- Set up maintenance program for pond services with you
We service ponds and pondless waterfeatures all of the Lebanon, Lancaster,
Dauphin, Cumberland, Franklin, Schuylkill, Berks counties!
We look forward to working with you to help make your 2016 water gardening & outdoor living experience the most relaxing ever! Please Contact Us if you have any questions!