Let's talk about the 5 Elements of a Healthy ecosystem, remembering that without one of these could throw off the balance of your pond---promoting poor water quality. Once you understand each element, we can explain how all of them work together .
A Biological filter provides surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and remove excess nutrients by way of extra filter mats that trap the particles before the water spills back into the pond. We often refer to the biological filter as the "biofalls box" because it exists at the water"falls".
A Mechanical filter pre-filters the water before the water gets to the pump, reducing the possibility of clogged pumps. The mechanical filter, often referred to as a "skimmer box", also skims debris from the water's surface to prevent the accumulation of organic materials on the pond floor.
Rocks and Gravel
Dreamscapes uses rocks and gravel in every single pond and waterfall project we've ever done since we opened our business.
1) Fish nibble on the plant life, including algae, while absorbing oxygen created by the recirculating system.
2) Fish produce waste that fall to the bottom of the pond
3) Debris, and waste, is broken down by the aerobic bacteria and the other microorganisms colonized on the rocks and gravel all over the pond bottom and in the bioballs that live i the filtration system.
4) Once broken down, these substances are absorbed by nutrition by the plants
5) The plants grow and are once again nibbled on by the fish.
6) Unused waste and debris are trapped inside the debris basket and filter mats of the filtration system and removed manually.
So Now What??
Retail Hours: April 5th-October 27th 2018:
Monday-Wednesday: By Appt
October 28th-April 2019: HOURS BY APPT
2155 State Route 343, Lebanon Pa | 717-272-6555 | email@example.com
Dreamscapes Watergardens services the city of Lebanon, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Cleona, Cornwall, Fredericksburg, Indiantown Gap, Jonestown, Kleinfeltersville, Mount Gretna, Myerstown, Newmanstown Palmyra, Quentin, Reistville, Richland, Schaefferstown of Pennsylvania,